Monday, April 7, 2014

My Plan for Research

Mental illnesses are so extremely common not only in the United States but you may also find it surprising how many people are affected by it in our own Bergen County, New Jersey. There is a very high chance each and every one of you know personally or have heard of someone else dealing with mental health issues of their own. I have decided as a part of my research, to create an anonymous survey on paper with 15 questions about this topic that people will have to simply answer Yes or No to. In these questions I will target every aspect about society and about the topic in general to see how many people even know about the severity of the issue, understand it and know how to go forward and give help. I will be giving the survey to people ages 17 to around 60, both men and women, and they will probably be a part of the middle and a minor part will be of the upper class. My prediction for this survey is that mental illness is present in everyone's lives and that the majority are afraid of it and have no idea how to cope with the stresses it brings. I'm very excited to see what my survey will help me discover and hopefully I will come to satisfying conclusions.

No comments:

Post a Comment